Prevent & Heal (Lemon Balm & Geranium)
Formulated to help prevent & reduce the frequency of cold sore outbreaks, treat cold sore symptoms and moisturise your lips.
- Made with 100% Natural & Organic Ingredients
- Scientifically Proven Active Ingredients
- Twice the content of the typical 2 gram chemical based options
- Holistically Crafted - Cold Sore Care that works
- Reduces Frequency of Recurrent Cold Sore Outbreaks
- Prevents, Heals, Accelerates Healing, Moisturises Your Lips, Stops Infection
The active ingredient melissa officinalis has been proven (through clinical trials in Berlin at the Clinical Drug Research and Development Centre) to have an antiviral effect on the herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It has the ability to shorten the cold sore healing period, prevent infection spread and reduce burning and tingling symptoms. Melissa is also known to reduce the frequency of future cold sore outbreaks. It also has potent anti-stress and mood-enhancing effects, therefore if stress is what causes your cold sore outbreaks this lip balm can help reduce the chances of this happening.
By creating an active shield on your lips, this lip balm helps to reduce the chances of cold sores appearing and also reduces healing times of active cold sores.
In addition to this, our cold sore preventive lip balms contain geranium, tea tree, calendula and tamanu oil, all of which provide additional benefits and cold sore preventive & healing qualities.
Tamanu oil promotes the growth of new tissues, accelerates wound healing and eliminates scaring. It is antimicrobial, anti-itch, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral and is an excellent oil to hydrate, heal and soothe chapped lips.
Gernanium oil eliminates dead skin cells and promotes regeneration of new cells. It is antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory, therefore helps reduce irritation, keeps the sore clean and reduces the size of the cold sore whilst shortening its lifespan.
Tea Tree oil is known for its antiviral, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Research has shown it to have an antiviral impact on the HSV 1 virus that causes cold sores.
Hempseed oil regenerates and energizes the skin's protective layer. It is high in omega fatty acids and has a similar composition to skin lipids which makes it an excellent natural emollient and moisturiser.
Calendula oil nourishes and moisturises dry and chapped lips. It also contains carotenoids which helps keep your skin looking youthful.
Aloe butter is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, choline and folic acid. It stimulates cell renewal thereby rejuvenating and healing the skin. Also rich in lignin, it helps enhance the penetrative effects of other ingredients into the skin. This means all the goodness in our lip balms can be easily absorbed to help heal and rejuvenate your lips.
Also featuring cocoa butter, coconut oil and shea butter, this lip balm is packed with moisturising & healing ingredients for happy lips.
onz beeswax, ococoa butter, ochempseed oil, oshea butter, aloe vera butter, ocsweet almond oil, ocalendula oil, octamanu oil, occoconut oil, melissa (lemon balm) oil, ogeranium oil, tocopherol (natural vitamin e), rosemary antioxidant, otea tree oil
ocertified organic ccold pressed
Made with love & care in New Zealand
While this lip balm is naturally antiviral we recommend not applying it directly to active cold sores but rather using an applicator (cotton tip/ice block stick) to apply it.
When there aren’t any cold sores in sight, use it as a normal lip balm to keep cold sores at bay.
If cold sore blisters have formed use this balm to assist with the healing process.
For external use only on lips and face. Keep away from eyes. If a reaction occurs please stop using it immediately and consult your doctor.
For particularly cold sore prone lips we recommend using this lip balm in conjunction with our potent cold sore remedy oil.
*Please do not use this lip balm if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
About Cold Sores
- Cold sores are tiny blisters that develop on or around the lips, chin, cheeks, nose or mouth
- Cold sores are also known as fever blisters
- They are caused by the herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1)
- This virus is highly contagious
- Once you are infected the virus does not leave your body
- The virus remains inactive until it is activated by a trigger
- When it is activated it infects the skin cells which leads to cold sores
- Some triggers include: excessive sunlight, fatigue, stress, cold weather, fever/cold, trauma to the area, hormonal changes, dental trauma and a weakened immune system